Buying or Selling a Liquor Licensed Business?
Starting a new nightclub, winery, store or other business endeavor can be an exciting time. It can also be a confusing time when you may hear terms that you've never heard before, are faced with questions to which you have no answers and struggle with where to go for help.
If you are selling a business you may be more concerned about having a smooth transaction, with all the details handled in a timely manner, and full liability transferred along with ownership.
Whether you are buying or selling your liquor licensed business, our law office can help. Attorney Rick Warren began his legal career in the areas of real estate and business law, and can he can assist you with the issues associated with buying and selling a liquor licensed business.
It is important to know that a liquor licensed business has an escrow account attached to it. Money will be held in escrow until the new business is in compliance with the regulations set out by the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC).
"Winegrower" means any person who has facilities and equipment for the conversion of grapes, berries, or other fruit into wine and is engaged in the production of wine. — ABC ACT, Division 9, Chapter 1, Section 23013
Experience ∙ Detail Oriented
Our law firm can help you with the sale or purchase of a liquor licensed business, including:
- New business formation — all incorporation procedures, paperwork and filings
- Purchase agreements — draft all the necessary paperwork for the transfer of business ownership
- Liquor license — transfer of the permit and compliance with all escrow requirements
- Condition modifications — the time of license transfer is a good time to modify conditions
- Transactions — filing the sale and license transfer with the appropriate local, state and federal government agencies
Call our toll free number, 866-614-4502, or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation with a lawyer. We'd be happy to walk you through the process — from A to B to C.